If you’re looking for a Newport News home remodeling contractor, then you won’t go wrong by choosing Criner Remodeling. We could spend the rest of the post tooting our own horn, but we’ll give our customers the chance to speak first:
What folks have to say about us
- “We were highly pleased with our home remodeling experience with Criner Remodeling.”
-Jack and Sandra Phillips, 2013 customers
- “The work area was always cleaned at the end of every day…we received several compliments from neighbors on the neatness of the work site.”
-John and Jacqueline Canaan, 2012 customers
- “We were very satisfied with the quality of the materials and the expertise of the carpenters.”
-Robert and Jen Guerzon, 2012 customers
- “I am very pleased with my experience with Criner Remodeling…we did not have any concerns about leaving the house while they were there.”
-Randy and Marianna Rooker, 2011 customers
- “Criner Remodeling has highly skilled employees…their work is of the highest quality.”
-Richard and Kathy Powell, 2011 customers
You can read the full text of these testimonials, as well as comments from many other delighted customers, here.
A little bit about our history
Robert Criner founded the firm in 1977 as a one-person operation. He soon had to hire additional employees to keep up with increasing demand, and in 1985, the company was incorporated. Today, Criner Remodeling has 11 full-time employees who focus entirely on remodeling private residences. This laser-like focus on one aspect of the construction industry gives us the knowledge and expertise to handle the most challenging home remodeling tasks with excellent results.
Some of the awards we’ve received
- For 2013, Criner received the Guildmaster Award with highest distinction. This is the 3rd year in a row the company has been given this honor.
- Hampton Roads magazine readers chose Criner to receive awards for excellence in both kitchen and bathroom remodeling for 2013.
- In 2012, Criner was chosen by Qualified Remodeling magazine as one of the top 500 remodelers in the country.
- Our president, Robert Criner, is the only person to have received the prestigious Remodeler of the Year award from the Peninsula Remodeler’s Council.
- In addition to industry recognition, Criner Remodeling has been honored by numerous humanitarian and philanthropic organizations, including the American Red Cross, for its financial and other contributions to various humanitarian causes.
You can read more about our various awards as a Newport News home remodeling contractor here.
What you can expect when working with us
Every job we take on follows a proven pattern that enables us to provide our customers with the very best service. The steps involved in this process break down as follows:
- Our first contact will most likely take place over the phone. During that time, we’ll complete a lead sheet that includes your contact information and basic information about the project.
- This form is sent to Robert Criner, who will review it and then call you back to discuss the project and set up a time and date for an in-home visit.
- Robert will look the project over, make suggestions, receive feedback, and provide a rough estimate for the entire project. There’s no fee for this service.
- Should you choose to proceed, Criner Remodeling will prepare a set of formal plans along with a formal estimate. You will, in exchange, sign a design agreement assigning us responsibility for carrying out the job. For example, if you want to remodel your master bath, then Criner will create a set of bathroom remodeling plans.
- Our staff will meet with you in our office to finalize plans for the project. We will then add the project to the company’s assignment list and work will commence as soon as possible.
If all this sounds good to you, then we invite you to contact us today. We look forward to making your home remodeling dreams come true.