How can I make my home more sustainable? Read on to discover ways to remodel your home to be more eco-friendly.
As a society, we are continuing to become more and more environmentally conscious. From our transportation choices to the products we use, we are constantly looking for ways to incorporate sustainability into our lives—including our homes. Sustainable homes are designed to be as energy-efficient and have the least impact on the environment as possible. While sustainable homes can be custom-built, existing homes can be remodeled to be more environmentally friendly by incorporating a variety of sustainable features.
If you are looking to reduce your carbon footprint, you may be wondering, “how can I make my home more sustainable?” Here are a few ways you can remodel your Yorktown home to make it more sustainable.
- Install energy-efficient appliances throughout your home.
- Upgrade your HVAC system and install a smart thermostat to control it.
- Seal air leaks and fix water leaks within your home.
- Improve your home’s insulation.
- Adjust your floor plan to take advantage of natural light.
- Choose eco-friendly paints and wall coverings.
- Utilize sustainable, locally sourced, or recycled building materials.
- Replace your lighting with LED bulbs and use smart lighting systems.
- Install low-flow toilets, showerheads, and faucets.
- Choose climate-appropriate landscaping for your outdoor living spaces.
- Harness renewable energy sources, such as solar or wind power.
- Replace aging windows and doors with high-performance options.
- Select a sustainable flooring option.
- Consider a green roof.
- Install and utilize a rainwater collection system.
If you are no longer wondering, “how can I make my home more sustainable?” and are ready to increase your home’s sustainability through a remodel, contact Criner Remodeling. We understand the importance of being environmentally conscious and believe in incorporating sustainable design and construction principles in our projects. As a Certified Green Professional, we have extensive knowledge and experience providing cost-effective, sustainable design and construction solutions. Our team of professionals is ready to help you create a more energy-efficient and sustainable home that can even save you money over time.