The laundry room is often an overlooked part of Virginia home improvement. That’s a shame because it offers limitless possibilities for a creative designer. So to jumpstart your imagination, here are a few ideas for remaking your laundry room:
- Consider having your laundry room be the go-to place for your family pets. In these designs, the laundry station sits to one side while the rest of the floor space is devoted to pet beds, leashes, toys, and other items that make your four-legged friends feel like a member of the family. This same spot can also serve as a mudroom in which to store outside shoes, hats, jackets, and other necessities.
- The laundry room is one place in which modest investments in space efficiency pay especially rich dividends. Consider adding floor-to-ceiling shelving and/or cabinets to get the most utility out of the area. This is one Virginia home improvement project that’s as practical as it is eye-pleasing.
- Got a big family? Why let laundry pile up, when you can get as much work done in half the time by having two washer-dryer sets side by side or one on top of the other. This option will free you from washday backlog, giving you more time to do other things — like relax.
- Don’t let having a small home prevent you from enjoying the advantages of a laundry room. Today’s compact appliances make it possible to turn virtually any closet into a perfectly serviceable and attractive wash area. Efficient use of cabinetry can give you a surprising amount of storage space as well.
- If you have some extra wall space in your laundry room, then you may want to brighten things up by adding a window or two. This can help beautify the area with natural sunshine without compromising the practical uses for the room.
These are just a few of the thousands of Virginia home improvement ideas that are possible when you choose Criner as your remodeling company. Contact us today to find out more.