Room additions are a great way to add space, while also improving the overall value of your home. Use them for extra storage, to host friends or to welcome a new member of the family. The options are endless.
But which additions are the best, and which ones should you consider as we head further into 2018? Here are some of the area’s most in-demand room additions for spring:
- Sunrooms – Sunrooms are one of the most valuable room additions you can invest in – especially here in Virginia. Not only can they let you enjoy the great outdoors year-round, but they can also lower your electric bills and help provide warmth throughout your home.
- Media rooms – Media rooms, fully equipped with theater seating and oversized screens, are a huge hit with local homeowners. They’re also in high demand with buyers – meaning an easier, more lucrative sale when it comes time.
- Playrooms – Have a little one on the way? Need somewhere to store all your toddler’s toys? A new playroom can be a great way to go. Make sure to include some built-in storage to keep things neat and tidy.
- Man caves – If dad needs somewhere to get away, watch the game or just shoot some pool with his buddies, a man cave can be a great place to do it. You can even add a surround sound system to make the space even better.
- Mother-in-law suites – Does mom come over a lot to help with the baby? Want somewhere to her to stay and feel at home? Mother-in-law suites can offer her privacy and comfort. They’re also great for hosting guests and friends.
Do you want to add some extra space to your home? Room additions can be a great way to do it. Contact Criner Remodeling today to discuss your project.