With winter gone and summer upon us, a lot of folks put off their plans for a residential addition. However, this is the perfect time to add that extra room you’ve been considering. Interest rates are lower than ever, the economy is rebounding, and the right addition can actually help you enjoy the cold season. For example, consider the advantages of having a sunroom:
- A sunroom can add significant value to your home, not only by increasing the total square footage, but also by adding to its curb appeal and salability. Even if you’re not currently thinking of putting your home on the market, a sunroom can be a great way to get a higher price for it if and when you do.
- A sunroom can allow you to enjoy the outdoors 12 months out of the year. You could surround it with birdhouses and feeders and enjoy watching your feathered friends just outside the windows. If you have a nice view you enjoy, a sunroom can make it possible for you to do so in comfort even on blustery winter days.
- A sunroom makes a great area for the family to enjoy a meal, play board games, or just relax and enjoy each other’s company. You can make the décor as formal or as casual as you like, suiting it to whichever purpose strikes your fancy.
- A sunroom allows you to grow flowers and other plants year-round. Spacious windows allow maximum amounts of sunlight even on short wintry days. Yet, because it’s part of your home, you control the temperature, making it suitable for all sorts of growing things. Today’s energy-efficient windows make keeping your sunroom warm more affordable than ever and a sensible residential addition project.
- A sunroom can brighten your mood during long, dreary months of overcast skies and cold weather. Research shows that depression and other problems are made worse by lack of exposure to natural light. In particular, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is traced directly back to this cause. So, a sunroom can be the perfect place to keep your spirits up during the winter.
- A sunroom makes a fantastic place for entertaining guests during the cold season. They can enjoy the outdoor views while relaxing in climate-controlled comfort, and your sunroom can be built to the exact size you wish, allowing you to host anything from an intimate gathering of friends to groups of a dozen or more.
- There’s no reason to abandon your sunroom once the weather turns warm again. Just as it can warm you during the cold season, it can also keep you cool during the sweltering months of summer. So, you’ll be able to enjoy the beauty of nature year-round, without any of the discomfort associated with temperature extremes.
- You’ll be able to control the amount of sunlight that comes in, as well as protect your privacy by limiting your visibility from outside. This is as simple as opening or closing a few blinds or curtains. There’s no need to worry about nosey neighbors or inflated power bills with today’s modern sunrooms.
To sum it all up, a sunroom can bring you all the beauty of the outdoors, while also giving you the comforts of being inside. Why not take a serious look at adding one to your home?
Let Criner Remodeling handle your residential addition project. Since 1977, we’ve distinguished ourselves as a leader in the remodeling industry. Criner has received 100 local and national awards for displaying consistent excellence in serving its customers. With a record like that, there’s just no reason to go with anyone else. Contact us today. We look forward to making your home remodeling dreams a reality.