In today’s world, the kitchen is far more than just a place to prepare food. It’s also a social center, where family members gather to catch up on the events of the day. Additionally, in many cases, it’s a study nook, an arts and crafts studio, and a place to pay bills and surf the Net. With all of these different roles to serve, it’s no wonder that the kitchen is getting a serious makeover. To spur your own imagination, here’s a look at eight custom home remodeling trends to chew on.
1. Built-in coffee centers – Coffee makers have come a long way in the last few years. Today they’re all about choices, from good, old-fashioned café Americano to gourmet blends that can please every taste. With all this focus on the joys of caffeine, it’s no wonder that homeowners are going for built-in brewers that can deliver a steaming cup of espresso, cappuccino, or classic java on demand, any time of day or night.
2. Sculptured stove hoods – Boxes are out, curves are in. At least this is the case with today’s stove hoods. After all, there’s nothing that says you can’t have functionality along with great looks. One of the hottest trends involves combining stainless steel with materials such as glass, for a look that’s anything but utilitarian.
3. Gas/electric ranges – Which is better for heating food: blue jets of flame or tried-and-true red-eye burners? These days, you can have whichever one you prefer at the moment, thanks to dual-fuel cooking appliances in a variety of finishes, from classic cast-iron to modern stainless steel.
4. Eye-popping appliances – Plain white is so 1990s. Modern kitchen gadgets go for a bold visual statement along with dependable results, with shades like yellow, red, and cobalt blue making the scene on today’s counter tops.
5. Revamped cabinetry designs – From new surfaces like lacquer and bamboo to touch-latch springs that eliminate handles, the new cabinets used in custom home remodeling are nothing like their predecessors. Minimalist designs with sliding-door fronts and floating units have freed cabinetry from the walls of the home, bringing it down to where people live their daily lives.
6. Smart appliances – Most of us are familiar with Twitter, but have you ever heard of sending a tweet to your coffeemaker? That’s just one of the many things you can do with today’s smart kitchen devices. For example, say you’re in your car, tired and stressed out from the workday. The one thing you want most of all is a hot cup of java waiting for you when you get home. You use your smart phone to send a Twitter-based message to your coffeemaker. As you walk through the front door, you’re greeted with the intoxicating aroma of your favorite blend, freshly brewed and waiting for you to enjoy it. Thanks to modern smart appliances, homeowners can now enjoy a level of comfort and convenience they never dreamt was possible.
7. Dishwashers that do it all – The days of lining dishes up in trays deep in a machine’s belly, followed by retrieving and stacking them in cupboards, are over. Advanced dishwashing technology now handles the entire task, including storing the dishes after they’ve dried. Sounds like heaven, doesn’t it?
8. Customized countertops – Now you’re not limited to what’s available on the showroom floor. Homeowners can have counters built to their personal specifications, including pastry slab inserts crafted from marble and inset butcher blocks. Meanwhile, materials like stainless steel, sealed concrete, and engineered quartz are offering limitless options for custom textures and appearances.
We know that reading about these amazing new innovations makes you want to pursue your own home improvement goals. That’s why we invite you to give us a call here at Criner. We have the experience, training, and expertise to be your home remodeling company. Get in touch with us today, and start turning your dreams into reality.